With wedding season upon us, and lots of girls looking or makeup inspiration, then check out this stunning smokey eye look which I created for a shoot I did lately! Perfect for any bride that loves her glamour, bridesmaid and indeed guest that likes a smouldering sultry look! Also, all products are detailed at the end! K x
To begin with, I prepped and primed the skin and added foundation (you can do this after if you wish) I find foundation is the perfect primer and base for any detailed eye makeup – it not only conceals any discoloration from thread veins, dark circles etc, but it also cuts costs on having to buy a devoted eye primer! Just to note – when you base or prime the eye with a foundation, be sure to powder over with a translucent powder for a velvety smooth base for flawless blending thereafter!
1) Taking a small flat paddle brush, add a soft natural matte or even a very fine pearlescent natural tone all over the lid area.
2) Using a fluffy bristled blending brush, pick up a little product (a slightly darker matte natural/taupe tone) and work that into the socket area. This is what’s called your ‘transition colour’ and helps integrate your lighter and darker shades to look flawlessly blended later.
3) Using a much finer bristled brush known as a pencil brush, (it has a finer pointed end for more detailed work), pick up a touch of plum colour and begin to work that lightly into the outer crease in a ‘c’ shape. I suggest adding a little at a time and build your look – adding too much to begin will give a bruised, dirty eye makeup effect.
4) Taking a touch of highlighter on a larger flat paddle brush, simply add some highlight to the inner corner of the eyes, and also under the brow bone for a brow lifting and overall eye-opening effect!
5) Add liner – I love to work with gel liner and pop a little flick at the end for an eye opening/lifting effect. Using a kohl coffee pencil, also rim the waterline of the eye, upper and lower for a truly vamped up smokey look!
6) Taking a flat angled liner brush, and a touch of a coffee coloured shadow, let’s no add a richness and smoulder the overall look up! Blend this colour into the lower lashes – you can go the entire way over if you like a very smoked up eye makeup. I’ve applied the shadow halfway from the outer corner and integrated a pewter shade to blend into the inner eye keeping that eye-opening effect in mind.
7) Going back in with my flat paddle brush, I’ve taken a touch of pewter (it’s a gold/silver type colour) and placed it right on the centre of the lid making the eye look ‘POP’Finish off the eyes with your favourite mascara and add lashes for a
8) Finish off the eyes with your favourite mascara and add lashes for a voluminous effect and that’s your easy step-by-step plum/pewter smokey eye look in a nutshell!
For more on this look, the products I used, plus a short video demo, scroll below and stay tuned to my Facebook Beauty Group page by clicking here for similar looks in action!
Fancy seeing and learning this for real, then check out my new class dates in Donegal Town! I’ve created intimate group classes covering various topics such as ‘The Basics – Natural Makeup Masterclass’ to ‘Smokey Eye & Contouring’ classes for the more advanced makeup addict so feel free to book your place, learn some new makeup tricks and even bring a friend for added fun! For daily updates on shoots in action, new blog posts etc, be sure to follow me on Snapchat (@kharveydesigns or scan the code below) or feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions or a specific beauty topic you’d like covered! I’d love to hear from you! K x
♥ Products Used ♥
♥ BrytSkincare – Day Moisturiser & Calm Serum
♥ Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
♥ MAC Prep & Prime Skin Base Visage / Moisture Infusion Serum Hydratant
♥ Clarins Multi-Active Yeux (eyes)
♥ Estee Lauder Double Wear Light No 2
♥ Conceal & Highlight under Eyes etc: MAC Pro-Longwear Concealor in NW20 & NC30
♥ Contour: Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Moose
All MAC Cosmetics
♥ Lid & Inner Under Eye: Da Bling
♥ Inner Eye and Brow Bone: Jest
♥ Socket/Transition Colour: Quarry
♥ Outer 1/3 eyelid: Trax
♥ Outer Crease & Under Eye: Black Berry
♥ Outer Crease & Under Eye: Sketch
♥ Lid: Pewter POP of Colour from LA Splash 16616 Poise
♥ Mascara: Lancome Hypnoise
♥ Lashes: Ardelle Demi Lash
♥ Lip pencil: MAC Boldly Bare
♥ Lipstick: Charlotte Tilbury Kim K.W.